30 January 2013

The Veldt

I can't stop listening to this song ever since Lance played it for me. I was watching the music video for it and it is pretty creepy during the end. Lance actually screamed "nooooo..." when he watched video, hahaha. But I absolutely love how they made this video like the game Limbo. It's so eerie. I did a little bit of research and found that the song is based off a short story from the 1950s called "The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury. I began reading the story and I realized it was one of the short stories I had to read back in high school... Insane!

The story is about an advanced technological house where machines do everything for you. When you want dinner, dinner is made. When you are walking down a hallway, the lights follow you. When you need your shoes tied or cleaned, a machine will tie and shine them. The main attraction for the story was the nursery. The children have a virtual nursery room which makes their thoughts of wherever they want to be come true. It gets pretty dark as the story goes on to detail how the parents worry about the children's health in regards to the usage of the room.

You have to read it!

 

On a side note, I think I found my future car plate. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...