18 January 2013

We'll run where lights won't chase us

Yaaaaay, second week of school is over. Hope school or work is going well for everyone.

Anyway, here's what's been going on with my life.

Last week Lance and I got totally swamped with errands and life that we decided to kick back, rest and order in some Indian food! I was craving it for a while actually and I'm glad we were able to order in because I was dead tired and still a bit sick. We decided to look up delivery places on Urban Spoon, and chose a decent place near by and quickly ordered as it was 9pm - one hour before closing. We decided to go with Taste of India as they had pretty good reviews and neat little features such as....ORDERING ONLINE! We ordered so much food but that's okay because we ended up saving it for other days.


We had the mutton vindaloo, lamb korma, butter chicken, coconut rice, chicken samosas, beef samosas and naan bread. I was pretty happy with everything we ordered. Every dish was super flavourful and loaded with meat. I actually hate it when you order curry elsewhere and they skimp out on the meat and fill it up with other things like potatoes and veggies. The meat was sooooooo soft and juicy, I was genuinely shocked and happy when we were eating. The naan bread was really big... We actually ordered four pieces and they were probably longer than my forearm. Yup, note to self don't ever order that much naan bread again. Delivery to my place cost $5 which is pretty standard. Thanks Taste of India, we'll definitely be ordering from you again!

On Friday, Lance and Hubert had a work meeting while I went shopping at Winners and did a bit of errands at the Core, banking, etc. I managed to pick up an iPad mini case and screen protectors. I also made away with a white Steven Madden leather-esque jacket that was on sale and a pair of UGG combat boots. 

I couldn't ask for a much better case than Miss Audrey Hepburn! 
Now, I've been searching for a pair of combat boots for a while and was actually contemplating getting a pair of Dr. Martens, but I found these beauties and I am in LOVE! They're leather and waterproof on the outside, which is much needed when it snows, and lined with sheepskin, which keeps my feet nice and warm. The distress leather look is amazing because I don't have to worry about keeping my boot perfect or free of wrinkles. I can bum around in these pair of boots. And the best part? A side zipper so I don't have to lace up every time I put on my boots!


After running my errands, I headed back to the hotel, grabbed some tea and played on my ipad while waiting for the boys to be done. I was so bored that I took a picture of the ceiling... It was a pretty nice ceiling, I'll give it that.




When the boys got off, we went for a really late lunch at Hot Pointe where we had mini hot pots and bubble tea. Lance and I got the hot & sour lamb hot pot and the garlic chicken wings with fries. I really love these individual pots because they are so cheap, but I can't stand how much cabbage they put in it. Each mini hot pot comes with a bowl of rice and you can order more side ingredients to add to your soup. Eating here always gives me the sense of nostalgia because these hot pots remind me of my childhood where our hot pots was placed above a burning coal. Now my parents just have our hot pot over a hot plate. Here, they burn some gel-like coal underneath that keeps the dish nice and hot which is a huge factor for me when having soup. There's a nice mix of lamb, fish paste, tofu, and veggies. On the aesthetic side, it's fun to see the fire burn up sometimes... If you're a pyromaniac, haha. The garlic chicken wings were kind of a miss here. I didn't like the flavour at all because it didn't taste like garlic chicken wings, but the meat wasn't overcooked, so that's a plus... 


Then we headed to Chinook mall since Hubert and Andy wanted to go shopping for their late Christmas staff party.

When we got there, the boys took off while I went into the Pink store for a laptop case, towel wrap, a bangle and a yoga set, and more underwear from Victoria's Secret... Ahhh, those stores are my weaknesses, I don't even know why... Must be the extra 50% off the sale items... That's right... I got everything for about $30.  


We then left the mall and headed back to Hubert's house to wait until the movie times for Django Unchained rolled around, but Hubert crashed so hard at home because he was awake for 24 hours and we couldn't watch it. So hopefully this weekend we will. 

On Saturday, I headed to Ming's for some cocktails and food with the Le Germain staff. The interior was pretty unique. The interior of the lounge is very unique. Pictures of communist leaders' decorate the walls and there's a heavy sense of propaganda from the mid-late 90's period. Their drinks are named after famous dictators and leaders. It's hilarious. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of those drinks, but I did order the Paris and the Mona Lisa. Yum!!! I love their martinis here. They are made just the way I like drinks which is sweet and fruity. This lounge had a bit of an Asian influence to their food; which makes sense since the place is called Ming. I ordered the takoyaki and okonomiyaki, and surprisingly it wasn't bad. They could have added a better cut of squid in their takoyaki and more ingredients in the okonomiyaki. Overall the batter was pretty standard when it comes to making those kinds dishes. I've actually been watching a few okonomiyaki videos that it made me want to make one, but I didn't have the ingredients so since I was at Ming's I decided to order it. Anyway, I had a pretty relaxing night and I couldn't have asked for more.





Now onto my nerdy little corner. I have been playing Diablo 3 for the past week and oh my, I am addicted. I think it's because I love RPGs and that I can play with Lance, and occasionally Mike and Hubert, when our schedule meets. I've never played any of the Diablo games, but I know Lance was a big fan of the second one. I currently have a witch doctor and I love how she can summon different creatures to help her fight. I find it so hilarious. She has this one skill that summon's a giant toad that swallows people. HAHAHA. To be honest, I only chose her because of Witch Doctor song from Alvin and the Chipmunks, haha, I know, lame, but I liked this song as a child. Ooh eeh ooh ah ah ting tang wallawalla bingbang...


My character is super sexy.
I hope everyone's had a fabulous week and if not, I hope your weekend's even better!


A puppy to brighten your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...