1 April 2013

Banff Day 1


On February 20, Lance and I headed to Banff for a mini getaway during reading week. Unfortunately for me the day that we went I woke up with a slight cold. We got to Banff via Greyhound. Oh my gosh... I've never ever had problems with Greyhound but this trip they were super super delayed. Our bus was late by two hours leaving Calgary and another two hours when we came back from Banff. It was terrible! It was delayed in Calgary because our driver happened to be sick and they had to call in another driver. I guess the good thing that came out of it was being able to check into our room right on time.
Traveling with cute suitcases!
It's so easy to take for granted how beautiful this country really is. 
Thank god, escaping from the city to the mountains is just an hour away.
When we finally got there I was very happy because getting away from the city and just being in the mountains is so relaxing! The air is so different as it's much fresher and definitely a bit colder than Calgary. I was wear a skirt with a layer of tights underneath and I wanted to tough it out and walk to the hotel but when I stood outside I was like uhhh nope!!! So we had to call the cab.
Outfit of the day.
We stayed at the Mount Royal Hotel located in the heart of Banff downtown. The check in was a breeze and the front desk girl was pretty pleasant, but checking out with her was a whole different story! We stayed on the third floor and our room was all the way in the back. Thank god for that because I didn't want to face the streets with all the sound. Our room was quite small and quaint but comfortable. We had a nice little view of the mountains. 
Lol, paparazzi shots from the lovely boyfriend.
Views from the room.
Check out how old one of their elevators is. Crazy!

We unpacked, freshened up and drank a bit before heading out to town. I had to put on a second pair of tights before we left. Luckily it was a pair of fleece tights for extra warmth. We walked around the town and visited a few stores here and there because I was searching for a hat as my head was freezing! We ended up going to Second Cup for some coffee where we sat down and looked up some restaurants for dinner. We searched up so many different options for food in Banff that we basically planned almost every meal we were going to have there except breakfast! We had to walk around town to find that. While searching for restaurants, I was so surprised that couples of restaurants served exotic meats such as ostrich, rattle snakes, alligators, etc. I wasn't that adventurous but maybe another time.
The lovely town of Banff just before sundown.
I wanted to go to the park but Lance wouldn't allow it until I got a toque. =(
Treats from Second cup, I only ate that much because I wasn't feeling well that day. =(
For dinner that night, Lance and I went to Giorgios Trattoria. The beef carpaccio here is to die for. We both agreed that this was one of the best, we've ever eaten. I order the lamb with extra veggies instead of potatoes and Lance had the pappardelle. Mine wasn't fantastic at all. I was so disappointed. Lance's dish was pretty good though. I was slightly jealous... Note to self, next time we go there, I'm getting pasta! 
Some bread. Couldn't have any that night.
Beef Carpaccio. I want more. D< 
Pappardelle.
Lamb chops.
The outside of the restaurant.
We called it an early night and headed back to the hotel. We watched Dexter while drinking wine and eating our mini Charcuterie board we made from cheese and meats we bought at Safeway. *Warning* We ate so much this trip and it was all meat...  I blame Lance because he always wants to eat. D:< 
Some of the make up I got on this trip.

Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "Nice <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello can you please tell me where you bought your Winnie the Pooh luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the luggage. May I know where we're you able to buy those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the luggage. May I know where were you able to buy those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. me encanto el equipaje, donde las consiguio?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...