2 April 2013

Easter 2013

Hope everybody's Easter was great and just like Zach Braff's Facebook status, I hope everyone was an ambitious sperm and found all the eggs!

My Easter weekend rituals tend to revolve around the church a bit. Going to Good Friday mass and the Easter Virgil mass on Saturday. Growing up these masses were such a bore to me! But as an adult now I realize the importance of Easter and there's always such a calmness attending mass and it's really meaningful.

After Good Friday's mass, I met with Lance after he got off work as we planned to have a date that day. Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how beautiful that day was. The sun was shining and it was warm. Over 10 degrees that day, I believe. We were even sitting outside on a bench and having a chat while a nearby street performer was singing. It was perfect. I regret not taking pictures.
We grabbed some salted caramel macarons from Yann's and honestly, whenever I think of salted caramel, it's such a weird concept to me. The sweet and saltiness. It's disgusting! BUT when I bit into one it was so heavenly! We ended up buying four more.
We ended up at the hotel Lance works at to meet up with a couple of his coworkers to have a few drinks. We started off drinking at the hotel's lounge where we had some marvellous laughs with our bartender and then we worked our way to Julio's Barrio from some margaritas and appies. All in all it was a good night with these girls. 
This Easter, Lance bought 7 Kinder Surprises and hid it all around my room. Though it was pretty easy to find it was also a very thoughtful surprise. I loved Kinder Surprise growing up but I never got any cool toys from it. Just my luck I guess. BUT GUESS WHAT?! I opened the first one and I got a Barbie figurine. Oh man, I was so pysched! It was so pretty with her little black glamour dress. I know, silly right? A twenty something year old excited about a Barbie figurine, hahaha. The next day I opened another one and got another Barbie!!! Wooooooo! I was over the moon. I had to open another one but I gave the chocolate to Lance to eat. Unfortunately that one was a lame bracelet which I threw away. I was pretty upset that my luck ran out. Hopefully there's more Barbies in the last four eggs... Hahaha. One can hope right?
On Sunday, Lance and I got some takeout sushi from Misato. I love their sushi here because one of their rolls is super massive filled with a variety of sashimi. I didn't get to take a picture this time, but here's a past picture. I'm not kidding, it's the size of my palm! We also got the Chirashi sushi which is just a whole load of different sashimi on rice because I've been searching for this for years now. I actually thought I had to go to Japan just to find it. LOL

Anyone watched season premier of Game of Thrones yet? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "You have an awesome blog <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...