10 May 2013

Breakfast at Monki's

A couple of weeks ago, Lance took me to Monki's for breakfast. We rarely get the chance to go for breakfast any more so whenever we get to go it's well cherished. Monki's is a small restaurant that probably holds up to 25+ people. It is located on 1301 10th Ave. SW. The interior is really homey, clean and super bright. The server was great and attentive. Personally I rather go to small little hidden gems for breakfast than the big chain restaurants as their dish tend to be more creative and different. 

Has anyone had the San Pellegrino blood orange soda? It's so good and refreshing. I actually really hate oranges but I can do blood orange. I think it's the colour of it that makes it appealing to me. I started watching Dexter over a couple of months ago and in the opening he cuts up a blood orange and juices it. It made me want to eat blood oranges after. LOL. And believe it or not, a few days later my mother bought some. YES! She read my mind.


I had the Lobster Mac & Cheese. That was so delicious. The lobster was a little fishy for Lance's taste, but then again, he hates all kinds of shellfish. Sad face. They had truffle oil on it which was delish!!  I'm craving some now. Lance, let's go back soon!


I can't recall what Lance had but it had beef and potatoes in a skillet topped with eggs. 
The brisket was super tender just the way we like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...