23 May 2013

Patio Weather!... At Melrose...

A couple of Mondays ago, I met up with a couple of friends for some drinks on a patio in 17th Ave as the weather was GORGEOUS. We weren't sure where to go but eventually decided on Melrose because I saw some people drinking their fish bowl drinks from a couple of days ago. It made me want to have one LOL. Unfortunately, Melrose was out of it. Actually they were out of the Tomato Boccocini salad we wanted to order too... The salad was understandable, but your most expensive drink? 

Since they didn't have the fish bowl, I asked the server to recommend me a drink. No, no, no, no. Terrible idea. He suggested the Bullseye. It was a blend of some kinda of strawberry syrup and liquor with Red Bull in it; which tasted just like strawberry medicine. I mean who wants to drink a glass full of that? Blegh! I finally settled for the Champeach which was okay... Not my cup of tea but whatever. I don't understand why you would put ice in champagne. Whose smart idea was this? Stupidly overprice for a tiny cocktail. 

We ordered some appies to share all around. We had the chicken taco salad, spinach dip, ribs and poutine. Do not get the ribs unless you want something super salty. I mean extremely salty. Which is probably not a good idea as you may die of dehydration in this hot weather. Ahahhaa, I'm just joking. But seriously, skip it. The rest of the food was okay. There's nothing really to write home about since it is pub food.

Overall, it was a pretty disappointing experience as I was actually excited to dine here. I am thankful that our server was great. He took the orders of the Bullseye and ribs back after we told him we didn't like it. We must have looked like a difficult group but can you blame us when almost all their food we wanted to get was out?

Thankfully we got some froyo after that disaster to make up for it. LOL. 

Outfit of the day: Onesie top from Sirens and sailor skirt is from Forever 21. 

Sandals are from Topshop and I am lovingggggg my nail polish. It changes in the sunlight. 
My mother was pretty shocked when I showed her. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...